Beyond Compare 4.2 Beta
Thanks for helping us test 4.2
This beta software has passed our basic testing, but likely has bugs. Do not use it on important data unless you have a backup.
You can either install the beta over your "regular" BC4 installation, or do a portable install to a different location.
- Windows: Added clipboard monitoring app to more easily launch comparisons from text editors. Must be enabled manually in Options dialog if upgrading from 4.1 or earlier. Requires Windows Vista or later.
- macOS: Added full Finder context menu extension on macOS 10.10 and above. Must be enabled manually from the Beyond Compare "Preferences" dialog or macOS System Preferences. May require a reboot.
- Added support for comparing JPEG/TIFF EXIF and IPTC metadata.
- Removed "Bypass disk cache during binary comparisons" option. Due to changes in hardware, operating systems, and drivers, it no longer works as originally intended.
- Added support for .lzma and .tar.lzma/.tlz archives.
- Improved various graphics on high DPI displays and updated many icons.
A full list of changes since Version 4.1 is in the Beta Log