Perforce Helix SCC Support
Using Perforce Helix with SCC Version Control Integration
Beyond Compare for Windows, Pro Edition uses the Microsoft SCC API for check-in, check-out, and version control status. Newer versions of Perforce Visual Client (P4V) don't include SCC support.
To enable check-in and check-out from within Beyond Compare:
- Beyond Compare 4.1.4 or newer on 64-bit Windows only: Run the installer with the /32 command line switch to force the 32-bit edition. Perforce SCC integration doesn't support the 64-bit edition of Beyond Compare.
- Install the Perforce P4SCC Plug-in.
- In Beyond Compare Pro, open Tools | Source Control Integration.
- Click the Browse button and select the working folder for your Perforce workspace.
- Click Add and fill in your Perforce connection information.
Once configured, you'll be able to use the Actions | Source Control menu items to check-in and check-out from within Beyond Compare.